Chinese Ginger Chicken Salad
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup Rice wine or milk vinegar
1/4 cup Chicken broth
2 Tbls. Minced ginger
1 Tbls. Minced garlic
1 Red pepper (cut in cubes)
2 Carrots (cut in 1/2cm slices)
1/ can Bamboo shoots (sliced)
3 Green onions (cut in thin strips)
2 teaspoons Sesame oil
2 Tbls. Light soy sauce
Salt and pepper - add to taste
- Parallel cut each chicken breast into 2 thinner halves. Sprinkle on a little salt, and then steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let it cool for a bit, and cut into 1/2 cm thick slices.
- In a bowl, mix vinegar, chicken broth, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and soy sauce to make the dressing.
- Heat the half of the dressing in a pan just to warm, and add in red peppers, carrots, bamboo shoots, and green onions. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the chicken with the veggies, and the remaining half of the salad dressing.
Contact Noah at: