Jack Daniels Chocolate (birthday) Cake for US Marines
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1 1/4 cups sweet butter
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
Preheat oven to 325.
- In a very large saucepan, heat and stir the water, Jack Daniels whiskey, coffee powder, butter and cocoa until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar.
- Cool slightly and whisk in the eggs, blending thoroughly.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder.
- Beat into the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Turn the batter into a greased and floured 9 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake in a 325 oven for 60-75 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Immediately sprinking with 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels whiskey.
- Let cake cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from cake pan.
- Serve with gobs of fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Contact Noah at: