Lindy's Famous Cheesecake
I will bet my farm and best Tennessee mule that you will agree with me and say that this is the best cheesecake you ever had. It is to die for. In 1946 I was served this dessert at the famous Lindy's Restaurant in New York City.
5 packages (8-oz size) cream cheese 2-1/2 pounds), at room temperature
1-3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Assemble spring-form pan (9-inches) with Graham Cracker crust.
2. Preheat oven to 500F.
3. Make Filling: In large bowl of electric mixer, combine cheese with sugar, flour, lemon peel, orange peel, and vanilla.
4. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat only until mixture is well combined. Add cream, beating until well combined.
5. Pour filling into spring-form pan over Graham Cracker crust.
6. Bake 10 minutes.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 250F. Bake 1 hour longer.
8. Cool in pan, on wire rack. Then refrigerate.
9. To serve: Remove side of spring-form pan. Serve cheesecake plain or topped with strawberries or anything of your desire.
Make 16 to 20 servings.
Contact Noah at: